Come see this magical woodland retreat in the heart of South Whidbey situated on 8.96 acres! Wander through trails amidst trees which includes amazing Cedars, Douglas Firs & a little Alder mixed in. You’ll feel transported into a woodlands retreat. The native understory is lush w/an array of huckleberry, salal, ferns & mosses. If you are looking for an oasis look no further – the forest is calling. For more info: https://homes.katiegrindon.com/idx/details/listing/a045/1423224/889-Resort-Rd-Greenbank-WA-98253
Lovely home on Whidbey Island w/spectacular views of Puget Sound. Home is nestled at end of Cultus Bay where you can watch the tides come & go, eagles soar & deer graze. Boat traffic from shipping lanes in the distance will delight you. Main floor has family & living room w/wood burning fireplace & master bedroom is a bonus. Expansive yard & large 3 car garage w/plenty of space for RV Parking. Don’t miss this chance for your own piece of Whidbey Paradise. For more info: https://homes.katiegrindon.com/idx/details/listing/a045/1420995/7790-Cultus-Bay-Rd-Clinton-WA-98236
You do not have to be Irish to appreciate that fun and enjoyment that comes on St. Patrick’s Day! Luckily, there are so many local places that you can join in on some of the festivities. Whether you are looking to have a night out on the town, celebrate with the family, or prefer to stay in, our list has you covered.
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up on Sunday, March 17th.
Adult Fun Ideas-
- The Scottsman Bistro in Mukilteo is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day a day early. On Saturday night from 6:00 to 11:00 pm they will be having great food and drink specials and some fabulous local musicians will be performing. For a list of performers click on the link. https://mukilteorestaurant.com/events/2019-03/
- Barcrawl.com is hosting their annual pub and bar crawl in Seattle. The Irish Stroll will begin Saturday at 1:00 pm. Chase pints and drinks specials from some of the city’s best pubs. Registration is required. For ticket prices, venues, and registration instructions check out the link. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barcrawlscom-presents-seattle-stpatricks-day-bar-crawl-irish-stroll-tickets-54889639389?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
- Shawn O’Donnells in Everett is the place to be on St. Patrick’s Day! They will be celebrating all day long starting at 7:00 am. They will have live Irish music, face painting, Irish dancers, as well as a traditional Irish buffet. While you are there you might as well grab a green beer or two! https://www.shawnodonnells.com/calendar-events
- The Irishmen in Everett, just their name suggests that they will be hosting a great St. Patrick’s Day party! Here you will find a beer garden, great Irish food specials, entertainment, and plenty of shenanigans. http://theirishmen.com/upcoming-event/st-patricks-day-2019/
Family Fun Ideas-
- The Irish Heritage Club Festival in Seattle is a two-day event that is perfect for families. They will be holding Irish cooking lessons, have plenty of live music and entertainment, children contests, and a play place. Plus there will be a raffle for a trip to Ireland! You do not want to miss this! For a full list of activities go to the link. http://irishclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2019-Festival-Program.pdf
- The Shamrock Run in Kirkland. What a great and healthy way to get the family out to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day before you consume all that delicious food and pints after the run! Join other Irish culture enthusiasts, help benefit local non-profits, and have some family fun! http://www.kirklandshamrockrun.com/
- McMenamins in Bothell is welcoming all ages to come celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with them. They will have traditional Irish drinks and food on their menu as well as live entertainment for the family to enjoy. Admission is free. https://www.mcmenamins.com/events/199668-st-patricks-day-across-the-land
Prefer to stay in-
Staying in does not mean that you must miss out on all the St. Patrick’s Day fun. Why don’t you try cooking some of these traditional Irish dishes? We have even included an adult beverage that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Try a Chocolate Leprechaun. https://mixthatdrink.com/chocolate-leprechaun/
- Irish Soda bread. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16947/amazingly-easy-irish-soda-bread/
- Corned Beef and Cabbage. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16310/corned-beef-and-cabbage-i/
It is that time of year again, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! If you are looking to treat your special someone to a unique dining experience in the Seattle area, look no further! Here is our list of 5 unique restaurants to try in the Seattle area.
- Teatro Zinzanni – Teatro Zinzanni provides such a unique experience that not only offers a delicious meal, but also dining entertainment. Think of it as a cabaret show, mixed with a circus act, and throw in a little comedy all while eating a multi-course feast. This is an experience that will not be forgotten! Click on the link to find out more! https://zinzanni.com/seattle/valentine/
- Joule – Looking to try something different? Joule has you covered! This restaurant is categorized as a Korean steakhouse, but they are known for the innovation of their dishes. For Valentine’s Day they are offering a 5 course tasting menu as well as a wine pairing. If you are looking for a delicious meal with a relaxing environment check out Joule! Click on the link for more info! http://www.relayrestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/joule/
- Bizzarrio – While an Italian restaurant does not seem to be too unique, it is the food and atmosphere that make this place special. There might be bikes and skeletons hanging from the ceiling, but this place still feels extremely cozy. Did I mention that almost every meal is handmade in-house? From the pasta to the breads! Click on the link to find out more! https://www.bizzarroitaliancafe.com/
- The Herbfarm – The Herbfarm is located outside of Seattle, in Woodinville and might just be the perfect place to spend your Valentine’s Day. Not only does The Herbfarm offer a unique dining experience, but they also have a few suites that are just steps from the restaurant. This romantic encounter also comes with a delicious 9 course meal (yes, you read that right, 9 courses!) as well as 5 matched wine pairings. All food is seasonally unique and most menus are only decided on hours before they are served to ensure the most fresh ingredients possible. Click on the link for more!
- Art of The Table – Art of The Table is just that. This restaurant makes food an art. They offer a choice of two tasting menus, a 5 course or a 7 course option. These can take up to 3 hours to complete so it is the perfect place to take someone you love spending time with. All of the food offered is produced right here in the Pacific Northwest. At Art of The Table you will find both an elegant yet relaxing dining experience. Click on the link for more information!
Do you have a favorite restaurant in the Seattle area? Let us know!
The New Year issue of our magazine is now available! This issue features interior decorating trends, Snohomish County market update, organization tips, recipes, and more! Check it out!
As we enter 2019 our thoughts start to turn to our goals for the year. Is it your goal to get into a new home this year? If so, we would love to help! We know that most home buyers are looking for homes online so here are some of the top tips of the year to get you into your dream home.
Hunting for a new home online is a great place to start your search, but it should not be your end all be all. Good listing agents are excellent at highlighting the best features of the home, but keep in mind there may be more than meets the eye. To make the most of your time and efforts and gather a well-rounded picture of home listings online, keep the following three things in mind.
- Stay up to date. When you start your search, make sure you find a site that pulls up-to-date listings directly from the multiple listing service (MLS) where real estate agents actively post their most current homes for sale. Many online resources update less often or fail to remove listings that are off the market, making it more difficult to sort through the clutter.
- Pictures can be deceiving. Real estate photographers are experts at showing a home in the best possible light. Many use tools and strategies to boost appeal, such as a fisheye lens to make areas look larger and creative editing to make colors and textures really pop. But, often listings will not contain photos of unappealing parts of the home, like small closets or outdated bathrooms.
- See it to believe it. Once you find what appears to be your dream home online, call up your real estate agent and schedule a showing. You want to take the opportunity to vet the home in person and explore every part of it before beginning the offer process. Your real estate agent will help you cover all your bases and will ask questions you may not have thought of.
Are you ready to become a homeowner in 2019? If so, give us a call! We would love to help you make your dream become a reality.