You do not have to be Irish to appreciate that fun and enjoyment that comes on St. Patrick’s Day! Luckily, there are so many local places that you can join in on some of the festivities. Whether you are looking to have a night out on the town, celebrate with the family, or prefer to stay in, our list has you covered.
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up on Sunday, March 17th.
Adult Fun Ideas-
- The Scottsman Bistro in Mukilteo is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day a day early. On Saturday night from 6:00 to 11:00 pm they will be having great food and drink specials and some fabulous local musicians will be performing. For a list of performers click on the link. https://mukilteorestaurant.com/events/2019-03/
- Barcrawl.com is hosting their annual pub and bar crawl in Seattle. The Irish Stroll will begin Saturday at 1:00 pm. Chase pints and drinks specials from some of the city’s best pubs. Registration is required. For ticket prices, venues, and registration instructions check out the link. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barcrawlscom-presents-seattle-stpatricks-day-bar-crawl-irish-stroll-tickets-54889639389?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
- Shawn O’Donnells in Everett is the place to be on St. Patrick’s Day! They will be celebrating all day long starting at 7:00 am. They will have live Irish music, face painting, Irish dancers, as well as a traditional Irish buffet. While you are there you might as well grab a green beer or two! https://www.shawnodonnells.com/calendar-events
- The Irishmen in Everett, just their name suggests that they will be hosting a great St. Patrick’s Day party! Here you will find a beer garden, great Irish food specials, entertainment, and plenty of shenanigans. http://theirishmen.com/upcoming-event/st-patricks-day-2019/
Family Fun Ideas-
- The Irish Heritage Club Festival in Seattle is a two-day event that is perfect for families. They will be holding Irish cooking lessons, have plenty of live music and entertainment, children contests, and a play place. Plus there will be a raffle for a trip to Ireland! You do not want to miss this! For a full list of activities go to the link. http://irishclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2019-Festival-Program.pdf
- The Shamrock Run in Kirkland. What a great and healthy way to get the family out to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day before you consume all that delicious food and pints after the run! Join other Irish culture enthusiasts, help benefit local non-profits, and have some family fun! http://www.kirklandshamrockrun.com/
- McMenamins in Bothell is welcoming all ages to come celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with them. They will have traditional Irish drinks and food on their menu as well as live entertainment for the family to enjoy. Admission is free. https://www.mcmenamins.com/events/199668-st-patricks-day-across-the-land
Prefer to stay in-
Staying in does not mean that you must miss out on all the St. Patrick’s Day fun. Why don’t you try cooking some of these traditional Irish dishes? We have even included an adult beverage that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Try a Chocolate Leprechaun. https://mixthatdrink.com/chocolate-leprechaun/
- Irish Soda bread. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16947/amazingly-easy-irish-soda-bread/
- Corned Beef and Cabbage. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16310/corned-beef-and-cabbage-i/