By accessing or using the Site, you consent to the Policy and Katie Grindon’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described below. Please read this Policy carefully. Team Katie Grindon, LLC may amend and/or modify this Policy from time to time and without notice, effective upon posting on the Site. Your continued access and use of the Site after the Policy has been modified constitutes your consent to the Policy as modified.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us: Team Katie Grindon, LLC receives and stores any information you post on or provide through the Site. This includes any personal information you provide, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. You can choose not to provide such information, in which case you will not be able to access or use portions of the Site. Team Katie Grindon, LLC may, but is not obligated to, retain the content of any emails you send or information you provide by any other means.
Automated Collection: Team Katie Grindon, LLC automatically receives and stores certain types of information when you visit the Site, such as the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the IP address of the computer you are using and the browser and operating system you are using; the date and time you access the Site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Site and any search terms you used to find the Site. We use “cookies” to automatically gather some of this information. A cookie is a small text file that the Site sends to your computer to collect information about your activities on the Site. The cookie transmits this information back to the Site each time your browser requests a page from the Site, and the information is stored to help facilitate your use of the Site the next time you visit. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but then you may not be able to access or use certain portions of the Sites.
Use of Personal Information
Team Katie Grindon, LLC may use the personally identifiable information provided or obtained through the Site to:
- In connection with the creation and maintenance of Market Watch account(s);
- In connection with the delivery and development of email alerts and other email communications;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Tailor your user experience;
- Develop and display third-party content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Site and other sites;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Team Katie Grindon, LLC does not share the personally identifiable information provided or obtained through the Site with third parties, except as described below and otherwise specified in this Policy. Team Katie Grindon, LLC may share personally identifiable information as follows:
- With the third party or third parties that perform(s) maintenance and operation of the Site on our behalf. These parties are bound by a confidentiality agreement prohibiting the unauthorized disclosure and/or use of your personal information;
- With other third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf. We do not authorize such third parties to use your information for any other purposes;
- As Team Katie Grindon, LLC believes necessary to comply with laws, statutes or regulations and/or to enforce this Policy and the Terms and to protect our rights and the rights of others;
- As required by a court or government agency or to respond to a claim by you or a third party;
- As part of a transfer of our assets, for example in the event of a merger, acquisition, corporate change or, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, involving Team Katie Grindon, LLC; and
- As you may otherwise request or agree.
Corrections and Updates
You may choose to opt-out of receiving future email alerts or other emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in email communications, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Katie Grindon, LLC reserves the right to verify the identity of any person making a request to opt-out or to delete or modify personal information; provided, however, that we will have no liability of any kind resulting from false or erroneous requests or any change or deletion made by Team Katie Grindon, LLC for any reason. Personal information collected and transferred to back-up or archival storage may be retained indefinitely. Team Katie Grindon, LLC may also retain unmodified information as necessary for business records and as required under applicable law.
Third Party Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. All Team Katie Grindon, LLC employees with access to the personal information you provide to us, through the Site or through any other means, are bound by a confidentiality agreement prohibiting the unauthorized disclosure and/or use of your personal information.
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. If we become aware of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to use in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Users should also be aware of how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.